Using Frase Content Briefs to Prepare your Writers
Content briefs are a critical element of an efficient and effective content creation workflow. Creating them at the beginning of your process helps save hours of editing and re-writing in the later stages of your workflow.
Creating an effective brief often takes several hours, but with Frase's NLP technology, best-in-class briefs can be completed in a matter of minutes.
In this guide, we'll show you how.
More specifically, this guide will cover:
- What is a Content Brief?
- Creating Content Briefs with Frase
- Creating a brief off a Frase template
- Curating a custom brief
- How to generate an automatic content brief
What is a Content Brief?
A content brief is a document created that compiles all the important information a writer requires to complete a piece of written content. A good content brief combines editorial direction, SEO considerations, and content strategy to ensure every piece of content is both well-written and capable of ranking for target search queries.
Here’s what a good brief does:
- It sets expectations
- It points the writer towards the areas of importance
- It results in more accurate and more effective content
- It saves you hours in the editing process
- It reduces (or eliminates) the need for re-writes.
Most writers know how frustrating it can be to have a piece of content come back from an editor with feedback that the writing doesn't fit within the scope of the big picture. It's even more frustrating when the writer feels like they didn't receive enough direction at the beginning of the assignment.
Many teams still use a flawed and dreaded content workflow that starts by sending a writer a keyword. This process leads to ineffective content and frustrated writers.
Creating Content Briefs with Frase
With our document editor, you can create informative and relevant content briefs with ease. There are three ways to do so:
- Create from a Template: Frase's community of SEO experts have supplied dozens of templates that their teams use on a daily basis.
- Curate with the Research Panel: Start with a blank slate and design your own brief with the help of our state-of-the-art AI.
- Generate Automatically: Use Frase's Content Brief generator to create a brief automatically.
How to Create a Content Brief from a Template
This is the method that we recommend. By creating a content brief from a Frase template, you can easily create briefs for different content objectives, and don't need to worry about formatting them.
How to Curate a Content Brief Using the Research Panel
Curating a content brief from the Research Panel gives you full control over the structure, format, and content of your brief.
How to Generate a Content Brief Automatically
Generating a content brief automatically is the fastest way to obtain a draft of your brief.